From notes found while cleaning:
“I love the idea that you get so gothy and morose that you just become a vampire.”
“He could have legitimate powers once he starts throwing up spiders.”
“I didn’t understand the importance of the vampires.”
“There were a lot of places where the characters were just going somewhere.”
“Don’t sigh at me.”
“If everything is possible, nothing matters. Blow it out of the park.”
“There’s no non-stupid way of putting it.”
“There’s some well-intentioned fascist vampires.”
“There used to be a chapter entitled ‘Vampire Training Montage.'”
“I always like more detail as to which organs are missing.”
Welcome to new members Jei Marcade and Rachel Sobel!
We critted stories from Huw Evans, Caren Gussoff, and Tod McCoy. Here’s a scattering of what was said, but by request I have not attributed the quotes.
- I found this exquisitely disgusting.
- There are a lot of people with names.
- Ditto Cat on wanting to be smacked harder.
- Wow, you guys are really fired up about flour.
- Land is really judgmental.
We critted stories from Emily Skaftun and Lily Yu. Here’s a scattering of what was said, but by request I have not attributed the quotes.
- “We are not dissimilar from a blue lobster.”
- “There needs to be more murder in the story.”
- “Here’s MY version of how I would rewrite your story…”
- “The manic departure from sensible decision making” (describing Seattle encountering a snow storm)
- “The dinosaurs are such a great metaphor for love.”
- “So I was like, fuck it, I’ll add some dinosaurs.”