Happy 2013, y’all! Here are some HM publications/news to get the year started.
• Sandra M. Odell’s “The Poison Eater” appeared in the anthology Deep Cuts from Evil Jester Press.
• Eliza Hirsch’s story “A Map of the Heart” came out in Con(viction): Anthology of the Con.
• “The Passing of Grandmother’s Quilt” by Cat Rambo appeared on Every Day Fiction. It’s a flash piece about the grieving process.
• Issue #16 of Shimmer came out this month, with editing by Keffy R.M. Kehrli.
• January’s issue of The Colored Lens contained stories by TWO miscuers. Kris Millering’s “Those Who Do Not Reap” is about aliens, alien sex, and how stories grow. Emily C. Skaftun’s “A Fairy Tale” is a cautionary tale about firefly hunting, magic, and relationships.
• And finally, Bloodchildren: Stories by the Octavia E. Butler Scholars, is available now, with stories by ANOTHER TWO miscuers! Not only will you get Caren Gussoff’s new novel start, “Free Bird,” and Erik Owomoyela’s “Steal the Sky,” but the proceeds from the book support the Carl Brandon Society, which helps more awesome people attend Clarion and Clarion West. The anthology is only available until June.